Goodbye bacteria, mould, viruses and COVID!
SPC have recently launched a new product for the air purification industry. With the need for better indoor air quality and ventilation, the BioGrid UV Air Steriliser is the ideal solution. Read on to find out more…
What is Ultraviolet (UV) light?
Ultraviolet (UV) light is part of the electromagnetic spectrum and sits between visible light and X-rays. The sun emits three different types of ultraviolet light: UVA, UVB and UVC.
UVC light is the most intense out of the three and is capable of disrupting the nucleic acid of bacteria or viruses to render them incapable of reproduction, including airborne COVID!
BioGrid UV Air Steriliser
The BioGrid UV Air Steriliser uses germicidal radiation (UVC) to disrupt the nucleic acid of bacteria or viruses to render them incapable of reproduction. The unit sits within a 600x600mm suspended ceiling grid or can be in a plasterboard ceiling. The unit is whisper quiet in operation, perfect for any indoor environment.
Why choose the BioGrid UV Air Steriliser?
- Kills 99.9999% of harmful viruses and bacteria, including Coronaviruses in the air
- Use of a Philips UVC bulb – a trusted, reputable and well-known brand worldwide
- A single unit can treat floor areas of up to 100m²
- Manufactured in Leicester, UK
Health and Safety Executive (HSE)
Earlier this year, the Health and Safety Executive announced that they recommend ‘high-efficiency filters’ (HEPA) and ‘ultraviolet-based devices’ for ventilation. Click here to read more.
UVC vs HEPA filters
Do you really want to ask your maintenance team to remove and dispose of CONTAMINATED HEPA filters?
- Whilst HEPA filters do catch bacteria and viruses they don’t destroy them, unlike UVC. Mould, viruses and bacteria will continue to thrive in the filter until the filter is destroyed, potentially exposing your maintenance/facility management team to harmful viruses and bacteria collected by the filter.
- HEPA filters also reduce airflow within the system and therefore the fans in the ventilation system will have to run at higher speeds, therefore increasing the running costs.
Get in touch
Download the SPC BioGrid UV Air Steriliser brochure here.
Read more on our UV Object and Air Sterilisation product range.